Joey is without a doubt his father's son. Loves anything with wheels, maps and planning. He is forever drawing maps...and always on Google Earth. We call him JoeyStar when we are in the car because he is much better at directions than OnStar (which he calls StupidStar!). An OnStar operator told Joey he could have a job with them when he grows up. We had no satellite connection for turn by turn directions so the guy was going to read them to me. Joey shouts out from the back of the car that he knows how to get where we need to go. Sure enough he got me back to the highway.
My friend, Sharon M., made him some felt roads based on ones I saw on Pinterest. He is always creating new cities with them. Heaven help his brothers if they enter his room and disturb the roads. He is borderline obsessed. A few weeks ago (I'll spare you the icky details) he got sick. While Perry got him cleaned up in the shower, I pulled all his covers off to throw in the wash. I had to clean off some cars and throw some of the roads in the wash too. First thing he said when he came back to his room, "What happen to my city!?!". I told him he had taken out half a city block and it was in the wash. Poor kid. That upset him more than actually being sick.
I asked him if this new city had a name. It does. It is East Banks Town, California...population 1001. He has also informed me it has no highways just county parkways. So there.
No comments:
Post a Comment