There Are Two Things.

Anyone that truly knows me knows that there are two things that I absolutely do not like when it comes to being a vegetarian cooking for a household of meat-eaters: cutting raw chicken and dealing with hot dogs.  Raw chicken always results in my making an ick face.  And hot dogs are just not right.  I do not like the smell or that nasty hot dog juice that forms in the package or having to cut them while they are hot and burning my fingers or seeing them again if a child eats too fast.
 
Enter in my snack obsessed 3 year old.  Can I make him breakfast, lunch or dinner?  No.  All he ever wants is a snack.  So when he actually asked for a hot dog (at least they are all beef and no chicken beak), I reluctantly said okay.  Well I made it and cut it and put it on a little plate that has its own dip compartment for the ketchup and that little booger said he didn't want it.  GRRRR...  I managed to solve the problem by letting him pick a show to watch (Octonauts) and eat on his TV tray in the middle of the room.  Then I had to do my all time least favorite thing in the world.  I had to peel the hot dog!!!  The last few pieces were cut weird as a result of my fingers burning.  Josh turned obsessive compulsive and insisted I peel the hot dog skin off.  Ick...ick....ick....but he finally ate it and I guess I can almost count it as a meal if I add in the slice of cheese he had previously and the mandarin oranges and if I consider the ketchup a vegetable.  I'll take it as a victory...in the making.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment