We always swore that when we had kids we would not cater to their picky wants for dinner. With a meat-eater and vegetarian in the same house the kids would have plenty of choices. Yeah...that worked. Some nights I make 3 or 4 different meals. Fun. Joey (who was such an adventurous eater as a toddler) is the pickiest of the three. Jake and Josh will at least try a new item once before saying no way to it.
We have started crock potting. Our second use of the crock pot was some pulled pork for Perry to make a sandwich. It was a huge hit...but only with him unfortunately. So out came the dreaded blue box of mac and cheese for the boys. I made myself some homemade Green Chile Mac and Cheese...so yummy (but then what isn't yummy with some New Mexico Hatch Chile on it??).
My hopes and dreams are for the day I can figure out that one meal besides pizza that the whole family will eat. Until then it will be 1 vegetarian meal, 1 meat-eater and 3 picky kid meals...order up.

No comments:
Post a Comment