Grab Bag Saturdays (Paid Help)

Each kid has a checklist on our fridge of things we expect them to do and help out with every week.  It includes things like putting their dishes and cups in the sink, putting away their laundry, cleaning up their toys,  vacuuming (cuz it is usually their crumbs on the floor), washing out their sinks (more toothpaste ends up in the sink than on their teeth) and helping Mommy and/or Daddy with other things.  Near the end of the day on Saturday (provided they did at least 3 things on the list everyday), they get to pick something out of the grab bag.  I have filled a market basket with balls (dollar store), Hot Wheels (54 cents at Smith's one week!!), clearance Dagedars (also only a buck), sticker sheets, etc.  All items came in at under a buck each.  Kids are sooooo excited every Saturday to pick something.  Mommy and Daddy are soooo excited for the (in most cases) unsolicited help.  Child labor does not get much cheaper than a dollar per child.  Plus I figure they live here too so the least they can do is help keep it clean.  So far it is working out beautifully with little or no complaints.  This week they all picked some light up bouncey balls I got at the Dollar Store.  I am sure they will come in handy for their sleep over light show.

No comments:

Post a Comment